Our Physical Therapy department is comprised of New Jersey State licensed professionals with extensive knowledge and training in anatomy, physiology, and the biomechanics of the body. They know how to help you get out of pain and back in action. Our therapists use a hands-on approach in conjunction with specific modalities as needed. The most commonly used therapeutic procedures/modalities are:
- Manual (hands-on) Therapy: Consists of myofascial release techniques, stretching of restricted structures and specific strengthening of weak muscles, soft tissue and joint mobilization. They help restore your back, neck, or other painful areas to the youthful pain-free resilience.
- Pain Management: Use of moist heat, cryotherapy, electrical stimulation, ultrasound, intersegmental traction, dry hydrotherapy, and massage.
- Therapeutic Exercises: Customized for each condition including strengthening, stabilizing, and stretching restricted structures to restore normal pain-free range of motion. The exercises improve movement and proper muscle balance.
- Postural Corrections: This addresses behavior modification, postural exercise, and self-awareness. We concentrate on correcting musculoskeletal derangements.
- Home Management Program: A short and detailed home exercise program corresponding to the appropriate stage of condition, including the do’s and don’ts of self-management.
It is a long established fact that a reader will be distracted.
The Ten Minute Promise
"At HSS, most of our clients are busy professionals, whose time is extremely valuable and we help you stay on schedule. If you arrive at our office on time for your scheduled appointment, we make sure that you are seen by one of our staff within ten minutes."